Meet our Next Speaker
Ambassador Jack F. Matlock
Monday, May 12
Ambassador Jack Matlock is a career diplomat who served on the front lines of American diplomacy during the Cold War and was U.S. ambassador to the Soviet Union when the Cold War ended. Since retiring from the Foreign Service, he has focused on understanding how the Cold War ended and how the lessons from that experience might be applied to public policy today.
For more biographical details, see the Wikipedia page: Jack F. Matlock, Jr.
A Few Audios of Past Presentations
Listed below are links to past presentations for which audios have recently been added. Click on the link to gain access:
- Ambassador Laurence Pope on The Demilitarization of Diplomacy
- Paul Saunder on Russia and the U.S.
- Greg Thielmann on Iran Negotiations
- Trita Parsi on “Iran: Is Peace Finally in the Offing?“
- Diana Negroponte on Post-Chavez Venezuela
- Aaron David Miller on Gulliver’s Troubles: America and the Middle East
- Fred Kaplan on Counter-Insurgency: One Size Doesn’t Fit All
- Amb. Vicki Huddleston on Africa: al Qaida, Mali, and Who Knows What Else?
- Dana Frank on The U.S. and Post-Coup Honduras: A Human Rights Disaster
- Ray McGovern on Obama in lockstep with Israel on Iran? Why?
- Gregory Johnsen on Yemen, Drones and a Drone Policy
- Larry Wilkerson on Does It Really Matter Who’s President?
- Michael Pillsbury on A China Policy for the United States
- Ambassador Husain Haqqani on The US-Pakistan Alliance
- Joan Johnson-Freese on The Quest to Dominate Space
- Richard Downes: Brazil’s Emergence
- Michael Klare: “The Race for What’s Left”
- Murhaf Jouejati: “Syria: A New Perspective”
- Stephen Walt: “Deja Vu All Over Again?: Iraq, Iran, and the Israel Lobby“
- Josh Landis: “A Policy of Regime Change for Syria?“
- James Farwell on ‘The Pakistan Cauldron‘
- Sa’ad Ibrahim on “The Arab Spring in Egypt“
- Colonel Bill Smullen on “Thinking Strategically about US Foreign Policy“
- Peter Van Buren on “Lessons from the ‘reconstruction’ of Iraq“
- Nazila Fathi on “Iran and its Supreme Leader: Two years after the Contested Election“
- Tom DeMarco on “CyberWar: Science or Science Fiction?“
- Seth Jones on “Hunting in the Shadows: The Pursuit of al Qa’ida Since 9/11“
- Yossi Alpher on “A Win-Win Formula for Palestinian Statehood“
- Allen Wells on “So Far From God, So Close to the United States: Mexico’s Most Pressing Challenges“
- Adam Hochschild on “A New Look at the Conflict That Shaped the 20th Century”
For Would-be New Members:
Please click here to display and download a Membership Application Form.
For Additional Foreign Policy Events in the Midcoast Area . . .
Click to visit The Camden Conference website.
How to Contact Us
We can be contacted by email, mail, or phone.
Mid-Coast Forum on Foreign Relations
PO Box 41
Rockport, ME 04856